How do I set up Wifi in my Garage Door Opener
If you’ve decided to install garage door opener and get rid of your old technology, then you’ll now be able to control your garage door remotely. This is even more useful if you have a myQ device, as you can download a smartphone app for it. But, you have to keep the smartphone virus free. However, before you do this, you’ll need to know the answer to ‘how do I set up wifi in my garage door opener’.
How to Get Internet in Your Garage
The first thing you’ll need to do is make sure your wifi signal extends to the garage. To quickly figure out whether this is the case or not, just try browsing the web using your phone or perfect laptop inside the garage. If it works, then the signal is strong enough. If not, then it’s too weak and you may need to buy an extender or a new router.
Once you’ve got the Internet sorted, but not with low speed you can even access Google chrome offline. Here are some steps to follow to install your new wi-fi garage door opener:
· If you have a smart panel, use the menu to select the programs list and then press the wifi setup. This will lead to a beeping sound that indicates the setup has started.
· If your control panel has multiple functions, then use the learn button. The indicator this time will be both a light and a beeping noise.
· Use your smartphone to go to your wifi settings, and then connect to MyQ. This will take you to their website.
· Once on the website, press start and enter the requested details. Take a note of the number that appears on the screen afterward.
· Install an app from MyQ and go through the instructions. This will involve using the number you made a note of earlier. If you forgot, or cannot find it, then it should also be written on the rear of the door opener.
At this point, you should be able to test your wi-fi garage door opener using your smartphone. You should now be able to open your garage door from your phone, meaning you can take control regardless of where you are. With, internet there are many things to do with your laptop such as connect to internet, make bootable pending drive among others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I convert my garage door opener to WIFI?
Most modern garage door openers will support wifi, but if you have an older model then you may need to do some research on it or re-read the instructions. If it was not built to be used with wifi, then you may have to upgrade it.
How do I setup my Chamberlain WIFI?
This is a simple process as outlined in the steps given above. You should be able to follow these without any difficulties.
How do I reconnect my Chamberlain garage door opener to WIFI?
If your connection drops out, then you can try resetting the door opener using the control panel, disconnecting it from the Internet and then reconnecting it, or turning your wifi on and off again.